What does ハートは赤く染まる mean? It’s from a love song about someone being completely smitten by another.

I know the literal translation is “(my) heart is stained red” but what is the meaning of this phrase?

「ハートは赤{あか}く染{そ}まる」

Unless the context proves otherwise, it should mean something along the lines of:

"My heart turns red."

or

"My heart flushes."

To me, "stain" would sound quite strange.

• Does it have another meaning along the lines of having fallen in love or something similar? The lyrics seem to imply that. – Noob Apr 3 '18 at 13:11
  • @Noob You seem to believe this phrase has a special meaning, but it doesn't. This is neither an established set phrase nor a reference to something well-known. Of course this may suggest love if you believe the context says so, but no one can confirm it. – naruto Apr 3 '18 at 20:19
  • @naruto I had thought it might be an idiom or something like that. Thank you for the clarification. – Noob Apr 4 '18 at 13:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.