I've noticed that Japanese names are often made up of different words meaning different things, creating a combination of the meaning of the Japanese name.

Is it possible if I could combine two words, himitsu 秘密 (secret) and sora 空 (sky), into one name? I'm trying to create a name meaning both "secret" and "sky"

closed as primarily opinion-based by l'électeur, Chocolate, macraf, user3856370, Dono Feb 25 '18 at 23:57

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Is it possible if I could combine two words, himitsu 秘密 (secret) and sora 空 (sky), into one name?

Yes, it is. In this case, I would make up a name with 秘空{ひくう}.
Usually we use two kanjis, not three, to make up a name, so 秘空 is better than 秘密空.
And 秘 itself means 秘密, so you can use 秘 instead of 秘密 safely in 秘空.

BONUS

As you know, 空 has two meanings: (1) sky; (2) empty/vacant, so I recommend that you would choose 天 instead of 空 for the meaning of sky. Now you would get the name as 秘天{ひてん}. I think it's a wonderful name having the meaning with secret and sky. By the way, 天 has two meanings: (1) sky; (2) heaven.

• 飛天にすると、ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/… – virmaior Feb 23 '18 at 15:47
    @virmaior これですか?→ ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/飛天御剣流 – Chocolate Feb 24 '18 at 1:11
    First thing that came to mind was 密空【みつあき】, but as you said, that's the wrong reading for 空... Maybe 空密【そらみ】 is a reasonable (female) name? – Earthliŋ Feb 24 '18 at 11:40
  • @Earthling: 質問者が何の名前を尋ねているのか分かりません。もし、人の名前あるいは女性の名前を尋ねているのであれば、空密{そらみ}は、秘天{ひてん}より響き(=発音したときの感じ)が良いので優れた名前だと思います。 – mackygoo Feb 25 '18 at 4:38

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.