I'm not sure of particles in these 3 sentences, especially this particle-の between noun/verb and ~方, are they OK? (If you see any other grammar mistake, you may let me know too.)

1)着物を着て歩い方は何ですか。
2)飛行機の切符買い方を教えてくれます。
3)写真撮り方を忘れた。

~のVerb(pre-masu form) + 方 is the set form. ~をVerb + 方 would be wrong.

As you need to use the pre-masu form, 歩い方 would be wrong. 歩き方 would be correct.

1)着物を着ての歩い方は何ですか

何 implies a specific thing, like asking 'What is the thing that is the way of walking while wearing a kimono.'

It might be better to separate the two thus:

着物を着て歩くのは難しいです。どうやって歩きますか?

If you still want to place them in the same sentence, I would go with:

着物を着て歩くのはどうやってやりますか。

or, as @immateur has suggested:

着物での歩き方はどのようにすればいいですか?

If you were to provide the English of what you want to say it might be helpful.

2)飛行機の切符の買い方をおしえてくれます

I don't see anything wrong with this sentence. If you are asking about the purchasing from a machine, it would be better to say 飛行機の切符販売機の使い方を教えてください。

3)写真の撮り方を忘れた。

This is fine.

|improve this answer|||||
    I'm confused. Why would you replace を with が in sentence 3)? As far as I know 忘れる is a transitive verb. – user3856370 Feb 8 '18 at 21:57
    "歩き方" is correct, as you suggested, but we don't say "歩くのやり方". We say, for example, "着物での歩き方はどのようにすればいいですか?". – canine Feb 8 '18 at 22:19
  • @user3856370 I don't have a clear grammatical answer. Nothing to do with transitive/intrasitive. Just to shift focus from the act of forgetting to the thing which was forgotten. I will amend the answer to alleviate confusion. – BJCUAI Feb 8 '18 at 22:43
  • @immateur Thank you. I have taken the liberty of editing and adding your suggestion to the answer. Hope you don't mind. – BJCUAI Feb 8 '18 at 22:51

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.