A colleague came with this shirt to work. I can read the

本日?売

but the "オ (approximation) I do not know.

Can you tell me the character? What could be the translation? Sell X every day? I first thought, the " could be the inch sign, but then I still do not know the オ.

enter image description here

closed as off-topic by l'électeur, Chocolate, macraf, Earthliŋ Feb 7 '18 at 18:52

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – l'électeur, Chocolate, macraf, Earthliŋ
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

There is that same character in reverse on the 2nd line – squidlydeux Feb 7 '18 at 16:02

This "オ is not a real Japanese character. There is a set phrase 本日完売 which means "sold out for today", where 完 means "completely" or "thoroughly", but I doubt it's suitable on a T-shirt anyway. 本日 means "today".

The remaining elements look pretty meaningless, too, so I guess this was designed by someone who knows neither English nor Japanese. Or maybe someone made this intentionally as a joke.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.