Possible Duplicate:
What is the こと in sentences such as あなたのことが好きだ?
What are the guidelines of omitting particles?

It is possible to say both of these:

• あなたが好きです
  • あなたのこと好きです

The adjective 好き is usually used with the particle が to express what we like. What is the difference between these sentences? and why is the particle can be omitted in the second case?

EDIT

I just saw this question What is the こと in sentences such as あなたのことが好きだ? and it answers my first question, but it doesn't give any hints about the second one.

It makes more sense to only vary one thing (Either presence/absence of のこと or が but not both). I think the comparison of あなたが好きです against あなた好きです would be more meaningful. – Flaw May 27 '12 at 11:19
    好き is not a verb. – user458 May 27 '12 at 11:30
    I don't think there's anything about the first part that isn't covered in: What is the こと in sentences such as あなたのことが好きだ?, and then the part about particles is covered in the one Flaw links to. – Questioner May 27 '12 at 17:01

It's common to drop particles in casual speak when there's no ambiguity about what is being said. But strictly speaking, it's not "correct" to drop the particle there.

Also, 好き is a な-adjective, not a verb.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.