good day everyone,

i'm just watching a basic Japanese video on YouTube (https://youtu.be/00kDTCOr1Do?t=391)

and 明日来る in the quick example was expressed as "will you come tomorrow".

I was wondering if in the same context you could use to two below, or is it completely wrong?

明日に来る, 明日で来る .

would i be able to interpret them as (tomorrow will you be here) & ( are you heading over tomorrow).

Thanks for your time, Shaun.

• What have you learned about the particle で so far in your Japanese study? – mamster Dec 12 '17 at 3:24
  • while i will have to cover it again and again, at this moment when i see で It's always with a nounでverb (carでtogo), so it's the action of going by the car to the .... – user26596 Dec 12 '17 at 3:45
  • so i was curiouse if saying, 'tomorrow で to come' would be able to ... okay yeh, i see where this is going. I guess i might have been wondering if it was used in a non practicle sense, but i best not think too much into it. – user26596 Dec 12 '17 at 4:06
  • Related: japanese.stackexchange.com/q/32429/7810 – broccoli forest Dec 13 '17 at 10:02

Correct:

(A-1) Will you come tomorrow?
(B-2) 明日{あした}来{く}る?

Incorrect:

(A-2) Will you come on tomorrow?
(B-2) 明日{あした}来{く}る?

Because tomorrow and 明日{あした} are adjectives adverbs not nouns.

Correct:

(C-1) Will you come on the day one day after today?
(D-1) 今日{きょう}の次{つぎ}の日{ひ}来{く}る?

Because "day" in "the day" and 日{ひ} in 次{つぎ}の日{ひ} are nouns so you need a preposition on in (C-1) and a particle in (D-1).

We don't say like (E) for (A-1).

(E) 今日の次の日来る?

So, 明日来る, 明日来る are both incorrect.

would i be able to interpret them as (tomorrow will you be here) & ( are you heading over tomorrow).

My attempts are:
(F) Tomorrow will you be here? 明日ここにいますか? or 明日はここにいますか?
(G) Are you heading over tomorrow? 明日来る?

tomorrow and 明日 are adjectives -- 「tomorrow」も「明日」も、adjectives (形容詞) ではないと思いますけど・・・ adverbs (副詞) と間違っていらっしゃいません?(一応、辞書には「今日」とか「明日」などは名詞で載ってるんですけどね・・・) – Chocolate Dec 12 '17 at 7:11
  • @Chocolate: 副詞はadverbですね。うっかり間違えました。訂正します。もちろん、今日も明日も名詞でもあることは承知です。tomorrowも同じですね。品詞が複数あって、その中で、OPから提示されている文では副詞という意味です。あまり色々書くと複雑になるので説明を省略しました。ご指摘ありがとうございます。 – mackygoo Dec 12 '17 at 15:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy