so umm.. let's say that you're asking your partner on what he think about yourself. Somethings like "What do you like about me?" Does this sentence sounds right?: 「私について何が好きですか?」

The most common way to ask that would be...

私のどこが好き?♡

• ↑ This sounds pretty feminine though... 男の人はなんて言うでしょうかね? 「俺のどこが好き?」とか? – Chocolate Dec 2 '17 at 13:52
  • If I am expecting an answer like 「特にはない。」, is that a suitable question? I'm actually creating script.. hehe – T49 Dec 2 '17 at 14:06
  • @T49 Then how about...「私(なんか)のどこがいいの?」/「俺(なんか)のどこがいいんだ?」(What do you see in me?) – Chocolate Dec 2 '17 at 14:20
  • なるほど。Is it okay if I left out(なんか)in the sentence? And thank you for correcting me. It should be 「特にない。」instead of 「特にはない。」, right? haha – T49 Dec 2 '17 at 14:25
  • @T49 I think you can leave out なんか, but it might be more natural (and a bit more emphatic) to say it 「私なんかのどこがいいの?/俺なんかのどこがいいんだ?」/「(いったい)私(なんか)のどこがいいって言うの?/(いったい)俺(なんか)のどこがいいってんだ?」 if you imply 「いいところなんか、ないでしょう?」... 「特にはない」 is not incorrect but I think 「特にない。」/「別にない。」 are a bit more natural and common. – Chocolate Dec 2 '17 at 14:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.