Found it in the lyrics of BUMP OF CHICKEN - Answer

想像つかない昨日を越えて その延長の明日を抱えて
小さな肩 震える今 それでも笑った
迷路の奥のダイヤのような
届かなかった風船のような
気づけなかった流星のような
涙をもらった

I googled a lot without a clue finally. Is it a reference of a game or something?

Do you understand ダイヤのような modifies 涙 three lines after it?
    – naruto
    Commented Oct 29, 2017 at 5:57
  • @naruto I understand but it's not related. The major question here is what a ダイヤ of 「迷路の奥」 is. It's kinda I know what 迷路 is, what 奥 is, what ダイヤ is, but I didn't get the combination. Commented Oct 29, 2017 at 6:15
  • @naruto The question is not related to grammar. I thought 「迷路の奥のダイヤ」 came from a reference somehow but it turned out it was simply an analogy: youtu.be/bRWQckbQ9tQ?t=3m1s Commented Oct 29, 2017 at 6:20
  • Oh, so you intentionally dropped the last half of the sentence in question, while including the unrelated previous sentence :) Anyway, I also think this 迷路の奥のダイヤ is not a reference to any well-known phenomenon.
    – naruto
    Commented Oct 29, 2017 at 6:29
  • @naruto No, I did not intentionally did that. The lyrics website blocked text selection and I was only able to copy the lyrics via developer tools. It was troublesome and since they were not quite related, I just copied several lines before it. And the question did not get tagged with words for no reason: "Any question that does not deal specifically with grammar..." Don't be like, "The question is a bit off. He must have meant something else and failed to explain it." It's Japanese StackExchange not Detective StackExchange. Commented Oct 29, 2017 at 13:09

1 Answer 1

Having read the entire lyrics, I would say that that part is saying:

"Your tears are as precious as a diamond (hidden) in the inner part of a labyrinth".

(As a non-game-player, I could not answer the game reference bit. I can, however, say that at least there is no such suggestion made in the lyrics.)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .