In the sentence:

これ以上は 死タからその 前に殺さナいと,

I find it perplexing that 死タからそ is conjugated in the past tense. It being the reason (-から) for 殺さナいと, shouldn't it be in present tense? Or am I mixing it up and (-と) takes precedence? Which still wouldn't further my understanding of why this past tense? Or is he thinking he's already dead...
I'm sorry for the (I hope not too) bad phrasing of my question, I hope someone can help me understand how those two forms can be in the same sentence...
Thank you in advance

「死タから」 makes no sense regardless of the tense. – l'électeur Oct 27 '17 at 10:47
  • I'm sorry, I forgot to replace the Katakana. It should be read as: これ以上は 死たからその 前に殺さないと – Cetagandane Oct 27 '17 at 10:49
  • Still doesn't make sense no matter how you break that sentence down: 死た・から・その because the base form for dying is 死ぬ and other forms are 死んだ・死んでる・死にます・死す・死した. There must be a typo there somewhere. – keithmaxx Oct 27 '17 at 11:09
    Where did you find this sentence. You should forget this sentence because it doesn't make sense. – Yuuichi Tam Oct 27 '17 at 11:35
    I think it should be 死から, right? – Sweeper Oct 28 '17 at 10:06

first しんでいたから &second ころさなきゃ

「これ以上は死んでいたからその前に殺さなきゃ」って意味不明なんですけど・・ – Chocolate Oct 27 '17 at 15:50
  • I don't understand it either. Thank you but I'm really wondering about why this past tense with the two particles together in the same sentence. I actually wished for an explanation of the why, then myself try to translate it, rather than that... But thank you anyway. – Cetagandane Oct 27 '17 at 20:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.