In this question on the Travel SE OP is asking about こみ収集ステーション that he has seen, and provided this image of a notice on one of those from Higashidori, Aomori:

enter image description here

The pic is blurry, but not so bad that a missing 濁点 could be attributed to the quality of the pic. Why is it 「こみ」 instead of 「ごみ」 here?

I've found a box that shows the dakuten, it's barely visible but it's there.

enter image description here

To confirm this, I did a bit of digging around and double checked on the Higashidori government website where it uses 'ごみの収集'.

It's likely a typographical error, or the 濁点 is incredibly illegible in the image. こみ収集 doesn't make sense enough that my keyboard auto-corrects to katakana (doesn't make sense either).

I've just found a box that shows the dakuten, it's barely visible but it's there. – Ambo100 Oct 16 '17 at 8:40
  • Nice sleuthing. – keithmaxx Oct 16 '17 at 9:38
    @Ambo100 post that as an answer! (With an example image) – AthomSfere Oct 16 '17 at 22:16

Either blurred or a typo. It's definitely ごみ

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.