Is it possible for me to use あの人は その人は この人は to address somebody (instead of using their name) who is beside me because i'm doing a presentation and i'm required to describe somebody but that person will also be there to describe himself. If it is possible which one is the most suitable? Or is there any other way to adress them

  • 3
    What is the relation between you, that other person, and the audience?
    – macraf
    Sep 6 '17 at 19:52
  • 2
    I would probably use 彼。(かれ)which means "he". Sep 6 '17 at 20:28
  • Female counterpart of かれ is 彼女{かのじょ}. Gender neutral would probably be something like この人.
    – ajsmart
    Sep 6 '17 at 20:45

この人 etc are OK, but could sound a little too casual and intimate for to some extent formal situations. Basically, 彼 or 彼女 are safer in those cases.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.