At the moment I can only remember 気持ちいい and 気持ち悪い, but I am sure there are more adjectives like this. They consist of a noun and then an adjective. I'm confused about them because I've seen 気持ちの悪い and I don't know how this would translate (feeling's bad?).

If I wanted to use adjectives like this on their own, do I just say it like 「それが気持ち悪い」? Also, if I wanted to modify a noun, would I then use it like so: 「気持ちの悪い人」?



1 Answer 1


Yes, it's taken as either one adjective or combination of a noun and an adjective.

So, you can say either それが 気持ち悪い or それが 気持ちが 悪い, likewise 気持ち悪い人 or 気持ちの悪い人 in modifying clauses.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .