The text in question is on page 2, number 2: https://www.docdroid.net/gMfeMMP/img-20170823-0002-new.pdf

A: 席は、1階と2階とどちらがよろしいでしょうか。
B: 1階の前の方の席をお願いします。
A: あいにく前の方はもういっぱいなんですが。
B: じゃ、後ろの方でもかまいません。

In this text, they are talking about a ticket for a train, bus or something the like? The 1かいの前の方の席 suggests to me that the ticket is for public transport. 前の方 means "facing in the direction of travel" in this context, am I right?

Since this text seems to make every effort not to be too specific about what these 2 are talking exactly, I merely wanted to ask for confirmation ^^

I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because questions on StackExchange should be self-contained and not solely rely on external links. – macraf Aug 24 '17 at 0:24
    I'm reopening the post because the text has been edited into the question itself. But please, Narktor, try to include all the relevant text in your questions themselves, including any context that might be necessary to answer your question properly. The question needs to be understandable without clicking your link, because your link may eventually stop working. – snailcar Aug 27 '17 at 10:34

前の方の席 refers to seats near the front-row, the stage, the screen, etc.

I think most people feel they are talking about a ticket for some stage performance, since they are talking about 1階 and 2階 ("the first/second floor"). Balcony seats are often referred to as 2階席 in Japanese. They may be talking about a bilevel/double-decker train/bus, but asking for a 前の方の席 of a train doesn't make much sense to me.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.