I have came across 必 and wanted to learn how to write it. Though there are major differences between how it looks digitally and how it looks on paper. Here is the link I used : http://jisho.org/search/%E5%BF%85%20%23kanji

Which one should I follow when writing on paper?

closed as off-topic by Chocolate, istrasci, macraf, Dono, user3856370 Aug 26 '17 at 13:05

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions seeking resources or advice about learning Japanese are off-topic here, but you may find our list of resources for learning Japanese helpful." – Chocolate, istrasci, Dono, user3856370
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

How are they different in your view? To my eyes, they look virtually the same, the main difference being the third stroke... Is that what you are asking about? – ajsmart Aug 21 '17 at 14:00
    "Which one should I follow when writing on paper, how it looks digitally and how it looks on paper?" -- The latter, I guess? でもまず「心」から練習してみたら・・筆順違うけど – Chocolate Aug 21 '17 at 14:26

When you practice writing kanji, use the form in the video or under "stroke order".

Typical Japanese serif fonts are called 明朝体, and sans-serif fonts are called ゴシック体. They are very common, but do not necessarily reflect how you should write characters by hand. (By the way, this is not specific to Japanese; many English serif fonts use "double-story g", which is not what people typically write by hand.)

There is a font called 教科書体 (literally "textbook font"), which is used in children's textbooks and reflects how people should handwrite characters. For more information, see: Is there an "official" font or other writing standard that should be used when teaching kanji?

enter image description here

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.