Is there a noun form for the word love in Japanese?

I know saying すき(suki) or だいすき(daisuki) can be interpreted as "I love/like you" but I am not sure if these are also nouns and if so how to use in a way that would not be misinterpreted?

closed as off-topic by l'électeur, macraf, Chocolate, istrasci, user3856370 Aug 26 '17 at 13:04

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – l'électeur, macraf, Chocolate, istrasci, user3856370
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Have you tried to check a (any) dictionary? – macraf Aug 21 '17 at 0:14
    daisuki is だいすき in hiragana, which is important if you want the right kanji, 大好き。 – Andy Aug 21 '17 at 0:19
  • This is basically a misguided question: the word "love" is an English word, and in Japanese you need to learn Japanese words. Of course there are cases where there is a noun in English ("isobar" for example) and there is a corresponding noun in Japanese (等圧線), and there are probably no cases where this correspondence fails. But love (in particular!) is not like this. – Brian Chandler Aug 21 '17 at 6:17

Possible candidates include but aren't limited to (also, I marked the する verbs and な adjectives):

[愛]{あい}(する) love; to love

[恋]{こい} romantic love

[好]{す}き(な) liked; fond of; love

[大好]{だいす}き(な) very liked; very fond of; loving a lot

[愛好]{あいこう}(する) love; adoration; to love; to adore

[恋愛]{れんあい}(する) love; love-making; passion; emotion; affection; to love; to make love; to be passionate; to be emotional; to be affectionate

I'm not a native speaker, so sorry if I messed up some of the nuances of each.

The noun for "love" is 愛(あい)(ai).

There are two words. [愛]{あい} is for any kind of love, romantic or not (though mostly romantic); [恋]{こい} is for romance specifically.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.