I searched jisho and found 整える but doing a google search for


came up with practically no results so I feel that it's not the appropriate verb.


came up with more hits, is that the right one?

  • 5
    We're talking about this, right?
    – siikamiika
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 0:23
  • ya, putting them back up higher on your nose
    – Daniel_L
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 0:25
  • 1
    メガネを繕う sounds as if the glasses were broken.
    – naruto
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 4:26

3 Answers 3


I would probably say...

ずり落ちたメガネを{[上]{あ}げる / (指で)[押]{お}し上げる}

  • 4
    And so would I as a glass-wearing native Japanese-speaker.
    – user4032
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 1:20

Let me add a couple of phrases: 眼鏡を上げる、眼鏡を押し上げる、and 眼鏡クイッ. The first two are fairly common.

The last one is a slangy (a bit otaku) phrase to describe the motion. Not really useful in normal conversion, but you can use it as 眼鏡をクイッと(かけ)直す仕草 and everyone should understand.

  • 1
    上げ押し上げる ← 「上げ」が二回出てきますけど、書き間違ってたりしません?
    – chocolate
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 2:37
  • 指摘ありがとうございます。あまり携帯から書き込みしないものて…
    – Jimmy
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 2:40

眼鏡を押し上げる. Pushing up one's glasses.

Credit to @siikamiika.

  • ah nice thanks, not sure how I forgot about 調整する, lots of relevant google hits
    – Daniel_L
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 0:27
  • The example sentence is about telescopes so I'm not sure if it applies to what OP is looking for but maybe 「眼鏡を押し上げる」= the act of pushing up your glasses and 「眼鏡の位置を調整する」= adjust the position of your glasses
    – siikamiika
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 0:35
  • @siikamiika yours sounds more accurate, do you want to put your answer up instead? I can take mine down. Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 0:37
  • @GabbyQuattrone I'm not fully confident in those but if you want to check if they are actually used you can add them to your answer
    – siikamiika
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 0:39
  • 4
    Most native speakers would think of other actions upon hearing the phrase 「眼鏡を調整する」. They would think of adjusting some part of the glasses using tools like a little screw driver. 「調整」 would be too big a word for what we are talking about here.
    – user4032
    Commented Aug 3, 2017 at 1:18

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .