The only one I can come up with is 「そうなんですか!」 but even then the meaning and feeling is slightly different than "I understand/I got it".

Context:
So if my Japanese teacher teaches me something useful, I'd say something like "Ah! I get it now.", but I think using 「分かりました」 all the time makes me sound like a soldier.

• ちょっとコンテクストが欲しいかも・・ – Chocolate Jul 24 '17 at 2:15
  • So if my Japanese teacher teaches me something useful, I'd say something like "Ah! I get it now." right, but I think using「分かりました」all the time makes me sound like a soldier. – Audrey Chu Jul 24 '17 at 2:57

I think you could say...

「なるほど!」
「あぁ、そうなんですね!」
「あぁ、そうか、わかりました!」
「あぁ、そういうことなんですね!」(← This is like "Oh, that makes sense!")

I think it would be alright to repeat わかりました though... Maybe you could use some fillers, like 「あっ、そうか、わかりました(、ありがとうございます)!」...「あぁ、なるほど!わかりました!」...「あぁ、そうなんですね!わかりました。」... then you wouldn't sound so repetitive.

そうなんですか! means something like : "is that so!?"

You could use the following 4. Which are used quite frequently.

承知{しょうち}しました
了解{りょうかい}しました
了承{りょうしょう}しました
かしこまりました

They all have about the same meaning, but are used in different occasion mostly depending on required level of politeness.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.