The sentence is: まピンクの きのこが 生えた or ma pinku no kinoko ga haeta.

(I think it means "A pink mushroom grew".)

What does the ま at the beginning of the sentence mean?

Thank you!

Related (dupe?): japanese.stackexchange.com/q/5032/5010 – naruto Jul 21 '17 at 10:37
  • Can you please explain to me how these two questions are related? I can't find any similarities? – Rusu Jul 21 '17 at 12:45
    ま=真. so まピンク means "really pink" or "totally pink" as suggested by the linked question. – A.Ellett Jul 21 '17 at 13:34
    I don't think this is really a duplicate question; at least not a duplicate of the currently linked answer. The linked answer is too tightly linked with 逆 and so I think the OP is rightly confused. It'd probably be better if we had an answer (or linked answer, if it exists) that clearly focuses on 真 as its primary concern. – A.Ellett Jul 21 '17 at 15:30
    Isn't it so much easier to just answer this kind of question than look for possible duplicates.. 簡単かどうかという問題ではなくて、このSEというサイトの目標というのがここに書かれているように we're working together to build a library of detailed answers to every question about the Japanese language. We're a little bit different from other sites... ということで、以前に解決したものと同じ質問は duplicate として close してくださいというのもサイトの方針ですしその理由もここに書かれています – Chocolate Jul 22 '17 at 16:01

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.