so I am translating a comic where two people have a a conversation about something. Person A is explaining something and Person B is like saying "bullshit, that's not true".

And then Person A is saying: イヤならのいてよね 重たいんだから

重 can be heavy and serious. I guess she is saying that she is serious about what she is saying. but i don't get the meaning of イヤならのいてよね. this constellation makes no sense for me except イヤ. something like "It's fine.."?

• I think we need the sentences before and after it. – Yuuichi Tam Jul 17 '17 at 13:06
  • the sentence before is Person B: くだらん!オレ様とガキを一緒にしやがって!! and the sentence after (Person B) again: いや。。。たまには枕を変えて寝るのもいいだろう – lovelykotori Jul 17 '17 at 13:18
  • Probably A and B were sleeping together in a bed? I think のいて means どいて and the sentence means "Get out of the way, if you don't like it, because you are heavy." Does this make sense? I am not sure about the situation. – Yuuichi Tam Jul 17 '17 at 13:42
  • YES they are lying in bed. I am sorry for the missing context. yeah but this makes actually sense. so 重 really means heavy here and not serious. Thank u! – lovelykotori Jul 17 '17 at 14:02

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.