So I learned that no/の is used as a possesive noun. For example, Kimi no/君の = "Your" in English. I also learned that it can be used to connect nouns together. So, say kookoo no sensei/高校の先生, means "high school teacher". However, I saw someone say "Pasuta o taberu no ga suki desu/パスタを食べるのが好きです" to mean "I like to eat pasta." So this really confuses me. From what I know, the particle "ga/が" marks the ability of doing something, like "I can eat sushi" while "o/を" is used to say "I eat sushi." So the sentence "Pasuta o taberu no ga suki desu/パスタを食べるのが好きです" really confuses me. Could someone please break it down and explain it for me? (In romaji/ローマ字, as much as you can)

This の is different from the possessive の. It turns a verb phrase into a noun. You're understanding of を and が seems to be a little off. They merely mark the object and subject of a sentence respectively. Maybe this link helps: japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/11566/… Jul 1 '17 at 8:11
  • @user3856370 That looks like an answer to me. Why is it a comment?
    – Joel Rees
    Jul 1 '17 at 8:26
  • @JoelRees I don't believe my comment answers the question well. The answer is in the link, Jul 1 '17 at 8:28