I'm trying to translate this video -> link and the following is the transcription

At 1:42

千秋楽を迎えると、なんかこう、

始まりと、こう、終わりを繰り返すんだなって

こう、改めて実感するというか、

顔合わせから今日千秋楽まで、えーとなんかこう、

すごい、今日でこの今回の作品が完成したんだなと思いました。

My question is how to tell if this means "the beginning and the ending are repeated or will be repeated?"

• It's not なって. This って is the quotative particle. – Dim Jun 28 '17 at 22:51
  • @Dim ohhhh then that make a lot of sense Thanks! but I'm still confused about the tense of 繰り返すんだな OTL ok let me edit the question! – Maru Jun 28 '17 at 22:58

『始まりと、(こう、)終わりを繰り返すんだな』って改めて実感する

"It really makes me feel/realize once again that we repeat the beginning and, (erm,) the end"

He's saying they actors regularly repeat starting and ending working together every time they produce a work.

According to デジタル大辞泉, the な here is used in the sense of:

な 1⃣[終助]
3 活用語の終止形、助詞に付く。
㋓感動・詠嘆の意を表す。「この暑さにはまいった」「楽しい

It's a 終助詞(sentence-ending particle) indicating exclamation or admiration.

「『~~な』と思う」「『~~なぁ』と感じる」「『~~な』と実感する」 etc. are common ways to state one's impression or feelings.

Example:

• 英語って難しいなあって改めて感じました。
    I really felt once again that English is difficult.

It does sound like he said [繰り返す」、 but I'm going to guess he meant 「[振り返す]{ふりかえす}」. See if "going back over" works for you in context. (If it does, I assume you'll know the answer to this question.)

I'll withdraw this. I should have backed up a bit further than I did to listen. Chocolate is right.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.