I'm trying to create a business pamphlet in Japanese for a local business called Donut Day and I'm wondering how to list their Open hours in full sentences for a school project.

In english I would do something like

Open

Donut Day is open on Monday - 7am to 5pm

Donut Day is open Tuesday through Saturday 6am to 5pm

Donut Day is open on Sunday 6am to 3pm

So my question is, how do I say that Tuesday through Saturday part? I googled a bit but couldn't find any answers that seemed reasonable that I could verify in any way with my level of comprehension.

Here is my attempt -

営業中

ドーナツデイ は 月曜日 に 午前 7時 から午後 5時 まで 開いています。

ドーナツデイ は 土曜日 から 土曜日 まで午前 6時 から 午後 5時 まで 営業しています。

ドーナツデイ は 日曜日 の 午前 6時 から午後 3時 まで 営業しています。

Your times for Tues. – Sat. do not match between the English and Japanese. Presumably the Japanese has the correct times? Otherwise, why would you group Sunday by itself? Also, you have several other inconsistencies in your question. You say you want to list the hours "in full sentences", yet the English version itself is not full sentences. You are also mixing 開いています and 営業しています. You should pick one convention and stick to it. I think you need to clarify exactly what you want (full sentences vs. simple information clauses) before we can help you effectively. – istrasci Jun 13 '17 at 18:53
  • I mix the 2 conventions because I'm not sure if one is right in this context or one is wrong so I figured someone might mention one or the other. Thanks for pointing out the hours discrepancy in the english part. I corrected the english to be in full sentences – Justin Jun 13 '17 at 19:01

Important points to list their Open hours:

1. If Donut Day is the name of the shop or something like that, you should not use ド-ナツ デイ in the line to tell the Open hours. It sounds a special day for sale.

2. We usually use 24-hour clock system on a signage.

Original

Open
Donut Day is open on Monday - 7am to 5pm
Donut Day is open Tuesday through Saturday 6am to 5pm
Donut Day is open on Sunday 6am to 3pm

Your attempt

営業中
ド-ナツ デイ は 月曜日 に 午前 7時 から午後 5時 まで 開 いています
ド-ナツ デイ は 土曜日 から 土曜日 まで午前 6時 から 午後 5時 まで 営業しています
ド-ナツ デイ は 日曜日 の 午前 6時 から午後 3時 まで 営業し ています。

My attempt as common Japanese sentences

営業時間
ドーナツ・デイは、月曜日は、午前7時から午後5時まで営業しております。
ドーナツ・デイは、火曜日から土曜日までは、午前6時から午後5時まで営業しております。
ドーナツ・デイは、日曜日は、午前6時から午後3時まで営業しております。

My attempt for a business pamphlet

ドーナツ・デイの営業時間は下記のようになっております。
月曜日     :午前7時から午後5時
火曜日から土曜日:午前6時から午後5時
日曜日および祝日:午前6時から午後3時

My attempt for a signage

営業時間
月曜   :7:00-17:00
火曜~土曜:6:00-17:00
日曜・祝日:6:00-15:00
    ドーナツ・デイ

• I agree, its for school its part of the requirements – Justin Jun 13 '17 at 22:33
  • @beginnerBinx: Search for the sample images on the Internet with the keyword of 営業{えいぎょう}時間{じかん} not 営業中 – mackygoo Jun 13 '17 at 23:22
  • Not very helpful, I need to answer it in full sentences which signage isn't going to do. – Justin Jun 14 '17 at 0:26

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.