The sentence was "オレが口を酸っぱくして教えたよね?"

To my understanding, it means "Did I teach you to do it with a sour mouth?" or actually, "Didn't I teach you with a sour mouth?", but I'm not sure what sour mouth means.

Given your translation attempt, is 終えた a typo for 教えた? At any rate, entering "口を酸っぱくして" in your favorite search engine will quickly lead you to answers like this one. – Philippe Jun 10 '17 at 0:53
  • oooh thank you so much. Im a novice and the furagana i was trying to decipher was too small so i had to guess – waterv1 Jun 10 '17 at 1:47

口を酸っぱくして教える means "tell [somebody something] over and over again [without any effect]". 教える here is "tell" rather than "teach". A corresponding English idiom would be "I've told you till I'm blue in the face!" I imagine the underlying meaning is "I've said this so many times I've got a sour taste in my mouth".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.