Yotsubato Chapter 83, Page 5 Source: http://raw.senmanga.com/Yotsubato!/83/5

I am reading Yotsuba (ch.83, pg.5) and I came across this sentence:

[恵]{え}[那]{な}は疲れてんのかまだねてるよ

いっつも早いのに

As far as I know, てんの here is casual form of ているの. But why is there an additional の after that ? In other words, if I substitute てんの by ているの, the sentence would look like:

[恵]{え}[那]{な}は疲れているののかまだねてるよ

This doesn't make sense. Why are there two のs ? Am I missing something here ? How would this sentence be translated into English ?

恵那は疲れ「てんの」かまだねてるよ。ー>恵那は疲れ「ているの」かまだねてるよ。I couldn't find two のs?? – mackygoo May 31 '17 at 10:49
  • Eh. You mean to say 「てん」 here simply means 「ている」 ? – vadasambar May 31 '17 at 11:04
    >「てん」 here simply means 「ている」? Exactly! Changes order:「ているの」→「てるの」→「てんの」。I'm walking: 「(わたし)歩{ある}いているの」→「(わたし)歩{ある}いてるの」→「(わたし)歩{ある}いてんの」 – mackygoo May 31 '17 at 11:32
  • I thought you need a の to have ん in the casual form. Also, how would you translate the above sentence. I think it's "Ena is tired and she is still sleeping". Why is there a か in the sentence ? – vadasambar May 31 '17 at 11:53
  • I think the question is getting apart gradually from the use of two のs. The examples I showed you seemed to make you confused. Anyway, I stop replying for your each question. I recommend you to edit your question other than double のs. – mackygoo May 31 '17 at 12:28