So, I had previously asked about ことで but this time it looks different.

Context :

Two people are talking, the rich girl says that everyone tries to act as a subtitute parent to her to steal the fortune she inherited from her family, then the person before her says that he considers her as his true grandchild, and that she can count on him. She then answers :

当面はノーサンキューということで。

In this situation 「当面はノーサンキューということで。」 implies "Leave me alone for the time being".
「当面はノーサンキューということで。」is made from 「当面はご配慮{はいりょ}はノーサンキューということでお願{ねが}いします。」 which means like 「当面はご配慮は不要{ふよう}ということでご対応{たいおう}願{ねが}いします。」: literally it means "I ask you to behave under the condition that not any consideration is needed for me for the time being".

• Can I consider [ということでお​願い] as a "soft" command/request form? – Felipe Oliveira May 25 '17 at 13:09
  • @FelipeOliveira: I've never thought like that, but if I consider the use of the phrase carefully, yes, it sounds like a "soft" command. Thank you for your discovery! – mackygoo May 25 '17 at 13:20
  • So, is ということで a casual way of saying ということでお願ねがいします ? – Ushiromiya May 26 '17 at 5:46
  • @Ushiromiya: >is ということで a casual way of saying ということでお願がいします ? Yes. It is also used for like ということでよろしく。 or ということでよろしくお願いします。By the way Onegaishimasu is written お願いします, not お願ねがいします. – mackygoo May 26 '17 at 6:21
  • Do you have an exemple of a sentence using ということで (besides mine) ? I have a hard time understanding it completely. – Ushiromiya May 26 '17 at 10:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.