The sentence is

あなたのこと、そんなでもなかったんだよ…っ

It would clearly refer to the person she's talking to. It would be something like that she doesn't have that kind of feeling about him but I'd like to make sure and know if the ... changes the meaning there.

I think it means "I didn't like you very much". Probably, そんなでもなかった in this sentence means そんな好きでもなかった.

• I see thanks! One more thing, how would you translate the whole sentence literally? (to make sure I didn't miss something). – The Beast May 24 '17 at 11:41
  • I think "I didn't like you very much" is enough. – Yuuichi Tam May 24 '17 at 11:47
  • What do you mean by enough? That there's nothing more in the sentence? – The Beast May 24 '17 at 11:49
  • Yes. In other words, "appropriate". – Yuuichi Tam May 24 '17 at 11:52
    @thebeast A more literal translation would be "Regarding you, it's not (really) like that." or so... This そんな literally means "(as) such" or "(like) that", but it probably refers to her fondness – naruto May 24 '17 at 12:20

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.