As far as I know, the particle "de" is used to mean "at" or "in" , and also "by" , "with", "within" , "by means of" , and also "in total" , "for", "made of", but almost all times I've seen it, it comes after a noun. Then, what does it means when it comes after a verb?

For example in the sentences,

Hitori de wa, tooi ashita wo

Yoake no mama de, koesou de

• You might want to provide some example sentences. – istrasci May 10 '17 at 22:36
    "when it comes after a verb" <- "Hitori" "~no mama" "~sou" are not verbs. – Chocolate May 10 '17 at 22:52
  • I was refering to the koesou. so, ~sou isnt part of a verb? What is it? I was just told in another topic that is a suffix that added to a verb means "it seems" , isnt so? – Pablo May 10 '17 at 23:07
    The そう grammar turns the verb into a noun, which is why you always see some form of the copula after it. The で there is just the -て form of です. – Blavius May 10 '17 at 23:28
    @Pablo ~sou isnt part of a verb? What is it? -> In the other thread I commented the そう(だ) is an auxiliary. japanese.stackexchange.com/questions/47264/… 「そうで」 here is its continuative form. So the で is part of the auxiliary そうだ. – Chocolate May 11 '17 at 0:11

What is "Yoake no mama"? 夜明けのまま? I can't get the context or meaning.

koesou de sounds like a short of 越えそうである.

So this is a part of lyrics of a song from TM revolution? You should have warned that since Japanese lyrics of a pop song often makes little sense even for the native speakers.

It seems the lyrics in non-romaji are as follows

独りでは遠い明日を faraway tomorrow if it's only me,

夜明けのままで 越えそうで it seems I pass it(tomorrow) while it's still dawn

Semantically that's all. I don't know what it is supposed to mean.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.