Can somebody please tell me an equivalent word to say "recap" in Japanese ? I want to express the following in Japanese:

Let me recap the results we discussed in the last presentation

If necessary, the 'last presentation' is an event that took place in past. How do I say this in Japanese ?

I looked it up in weblio translator site which showed 要約 which I don't feel as appropriate for this situation.

I found the following answer when I searched recap in this site: Meaning of 様子を交える

I dont think 総括 is used to mean recap. Native Japanese mostly use it to mean "generalize" .

Please help.

• why do you think 要約 is not appropriate? Going by Eijiro it seems fitting to me. – Igor Skochinsky Apr 19 '17 at 7:48
    要約 is not too bad, but it tends to refer to something you read before (or without) reading the main content. – naruto Apr 19 '17 at 12:31

The phrases I would recommend are:

・(簡単{かんたん}に)要点{ようてん}をおさらいする

・(簡単に)要点をまとめる

・ 概要{がいよう}を繰{く}り返{かえ}す

If you are speaking instead of writing, I would especially recommend the first two.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.