http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcR7Vr5Miv4&t=1m38s

What I hear is something similar to "saa ute koi". The phrase is translated as "hit me!" . I know ute is "shoot!" I guess here it could be "hit me" and that koi is "come!" but it doesnt make sense to me that 2 verbs in imperative form are concantenated together? Besides what is that sound at the begining I hear similar to "saa" . What is the character saying exactly I might be completely confused

He says 「さあ、打って{うって}こい!」'Saa, utte koi!' This is the imperative of 'utte kuru', 'come and hit someone'. 'Saa' is something said before a command or request.

|improve this answer|||||
    so it was exactly what I hear, happy to at least hear right. What is the saa for? emphasis? – Pablo Apr 16 '17 at 23:20
  • @Pablo You heard 'ute koi'. It was actually 'utte koi'. But yes, 'saa' is for emphasis. – Aeon Akechi Apr 16 '17 at 23:50
    @Pablo さあ is an interjection. It's like "Hey" or "Come on" here. – naruto Apr 17 '17 at 11:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.