If someone tells you

(your name), お前は...

what are they trying to say?

I think nobody can know what they are trying to say only by the phrase. – Yuuichi Tam Apr 2 '17 at 18:28
  • The hero (male) saves the evildoer (female). The girl is surprised because he shouldn't have done that as she had destroyed his life. Then the girl says that phrase. – Cool Apr 2 '17 at 18:34

It's just

(Name), you ...
 or
(Name), you are such a ...

with the remaining part left unsaid. There is no common or known hidden meaning in such an expression, and you have to guess her feeling purely from the context. The sentence can imply "You're genius", "You're such a kind person", "You're an idiot" or whatever.

• Nice thanks!!!!!!!! Could it also be "You are in love with me"? – Cool Apr 2 '17 at 19:17
  • It surely can mean that in a certain context. I don't know if it's the natural interpretation in the story you're reading. – naruto Apr 2 '17 at 19:21
  • when you say "surely" it means it is usually that way? Those words are usually used to say someone's in love? – Cool Apr 2 '17 at 19:23
    @Cool Naruto means 'certainly' by 'surely'. It's not usual. – Angelos Apr 2 '17 at 19:33
  • Yes, I wanted to say "it certainly can". – naruto Apr 2 '17 at 19:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.