I am working on an art project that I would like to collect the hundreds of different transliterations of 「中文」 zhōng wén in Mandarin Chinese. (Pronunciation available here: https://translate.google.com/#zh-CN/de/中文)

How can I transliterate zhōng wén in Japanese? (For example, "zhong wen" would be the closest pronunciation in English.)

closed as off-topic by macraf, naruto, l'électeur, Dono, 永劫回帰 Mar 31 '17 at 15:21

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

• "Questions asking for translations, transcriptions or proofreading are off-topic unless prior research effort is clearly indicated; we're here to help you learn, not to provide a bulk translation service nor to proofread your translations or transcriptions. See: We don't do translations." – macraf, naruto, l'électeur, Dono, 永劫回帰
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• ONE more example, the two characters Cantonese pronunciation in English ‘zung man’ different transliterations : ‘dschong man’ (closest pronunciation in German), ‘زونج من’ (closest pronunciation iin Arabic) – Lun Mar 30 '17 at 13:01
    There are three close votes already. I don't see how this question is different from the many requests for accurate transliterations of unknown names. – Earthliŋ Mar 30 '17 at 14:07
  • 中文 = 中国語 I don't get your point. – user20428 Mar 31 '17 at 1:38
  • Are transliterations against the rules? – Blavius Mar 31 '17 at 20:08
  • @Blavius Not as far as I know. Like I said, we have open questions japanese.stackexchange.com/q/42167/1628, japanese.stackexchange.com/q/14790/1628, japanese.stackexchange.com/q/6096/1628. I don't see how "Yana" or "Aimad (عماد)" or "João" are substantially different from "zhōng wén". (Questions for transliteration of Japanese names seem to be closed, but that doesn't seem to be relevant to this question.) – Earthliŋ Apr 5 '17 at 16:23

In Japanese 中文 is read ちゅうぶん chūbun and means "[literary] Chinese (language)".

Apparently the Mandarin pronunciation is usually transliterated as チョンウェン chon wen (or チュンウェン chun wen).

We usually write 中文 in Mandarin pronunciation (= zhōng wén) as チョンウェン in Katakana. – Chocolate Mar 30 '17 at 15:48

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.