There are a lot of crazy combinations of English words and translations that don't make sense. Is there a specific term that identifies this?


There is 和製英語 wasei eigo "Japanese English" for pseudo-English Made in Japan, e.g. アイスキャンディー ice candy "popsicle", etc.

Some relevant links

There are also loanwords of Japanese origin (often hybrids from different languages):

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.