I'm taking a look by recommendation to the "remembering the kanji" book. In it appears the kanji below. I look for it in a list of joyo kanji and it doesnt appear, at least not when I look for it by its meaning. The meaning the book says it has is "fiesta". Fiesta is a spanish word, and I dont even understand what it is doing in an english book unless it means something different in another language or japanese? Anyway, I'd like to know if this is a joyo kanji, and if this is the meaning it has "fiesta" and if that meaning it's the same meaning than the word "fiesta" in spanish

By the way, I can't type the kanji in my computer, so if anyone can add it to the title it's appreciated. Same thing happened with other couple of topics I've opened, and I realize since the topic title isnt descriptive, the topic isnt helpful for others

enter image description here

This glyph is both a radical, and an independent character: . This has the on'yomi of ka, and the kun'yomi of hoko. The independent character isn't used much in either Japanese or Chinese. The original meaning was "a dagger-axe, a polearm similar to a halberd". In modern Chinese, it appears most often in names. In modern Japanese, it's a less-common alternative spelling of 矛{ほこ}.

This is not included in the 常用漢字 list.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.