I know the title of the topic is really bad because it isn't descriptive, but I don't know how to phrase it really. If you have a better idea please edit it.

What does Yamcha say in this phrase? What I hear is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-IL6K34po&t=170s

"Sora na kirei da na" but this doesn't make sense to me, it seems syntactically wrong, I believe for saying "the sky is pretty" it would be something like "sora wa kirei da" or perhaps "sora wa kirei da na" but not what I hear. What is he exactly saying?

He says, 「そらきれいだな」.

が can be pronounced as "nga", which can sound like な if you're not used to the difference.

• the particle at the end "na" is supposed to be similar to "ne", that usually is used for confirmation from other person in a dialogue, isnt it? But he's talking to himself, what connotation does it add here? – Pablo Mar 13 '17 at 1:52
    @Pablo Although na can be used like ne for confirmation with the proper intonation, it mostly used as some-kind of observational mark. It can be used even when talking to yourself.(talking to yourself is always weird, but it's a manga so...). It's hard to translate its meaning, but it would be something like "wow, the sky really is beautiful". You can even sometime use "dayona" too. – stack reader Mar 13 '17 at 2:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.