Vans with cute girls, loud speakers, and political candidates.


They are usually called 選挙カー. Another name for this is 選挙運動車【せんきょうんどうしゃ】, according to Wikipedia, but ordinary people rarely see this term.

Such vans without candidates but with a large ad on them are called 宣伝カー or 広告カー.

  • 3
    This has no bearing on anything, but I accidentally read 選挙カー as せんきょりょくいち.
    – Angelos
    Mar 12 '17 at 20:01
  • 2
    @Nothingatall ホホホホオ… Mar 13 '17 at 5:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.