I want to verify if 行ってもいい is the correct term, or if another word(s) can be used.

よし、準備できた is what i found to be the closest. As good to go is an expression it might not have a direct translation Mar 10 '17 at 17:24
  • as i'm just a beginner, my answers may not always be spot on and i could perhaps lead you to a wrong conclusion, so I am just giving my 2 cents here until someone more capable comes with the correct answer :) Mar 10 '17 at 17:32
  • @FelipeOliveira Want to practice in the Nihongo Benkyou chat room?
    – Jack Bosma
    Mar 10 '17 at 17:36

One idiomatic way of saying "good to go" is

準備万端(です)

準備 (also 用意) means "preparations".

Another standard way would be

準備でき(まし)た or
用意でき(まし)た

行ってもいい could be misunderstood as asking "may I go?". 行く may indeed be used in this context for "are you good/ready to go?" as 「(もう)行けますか」. However, I don't think 「行ってもいいです(よ)」 would be a natural way of saying "I'm good to go".

• Even if you try to use go literally, as in "Are you ready to go to the beach? Yes, I am good to go.", it still means you are prepared to go. Whether you actually go to the beach is another matter.
    – user3169
    Mar 11 '17 at 6:44

(Really wanted to add this in the comment but don't have enough reputation)

「準備できた」 is a normal expression in this case. It could mean many things including not just "good to go" but also "ready for a trip", "ready for delivery".

• It's the case of an expression which there's no direct translation probably, so we have to take something that is closer and at times will have different meanings, I guess Mar 10 '17 at 17:54

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.