① What is the difference between 決算書{けっさんしょ}, 財務諸表{ざいむしょひょう} and 決算書類{けっさんしょるい}? I have a table and they are named there one by one, as if each of them would have different meaning :

決算書{けっさんしょ}, 財務諸表{ざいむしょひょう} and 決算書類{けっさんしょるい}

➁ Do you think I could also translate these 3 terms as below?

"any financial statements"

Thank you so much in advance for your ideas.

What is the difference between 決算書{けっさんしょ}, [財務]{ざいむ}[諸表]{しょひょう} and [決算]{けっさん}[書類]{しょるい}?

決算書{けっさんしょ} and [財務]{ざいむ}[諸表]{しょひょう} are both technical terms with the same meaning.

原文 (Wikipedia):
財務{ざいむ}諸表{しょひょう}(financial statements)は、企業{きぎょう}が利害{りがい}関係者{かんけいしゃ}に対{たい}して一定{いってい}期間{きかん}の経営{けいえい}成績{せいせき}や財務{ざいむ}状態{じょうたい}等{とう}を明{あき}らかにするために複式{ふくしき}簿記{ぼき}に基{もと}づき作成{さくせい}される書類{しょるい}である。一般的{いっぱんてき}には決算書{けっさんしょ}と呼{よ}ばれることが多{おお}い。
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E8%B2%A1%E5%8B%99%E8%AB%B8%E8%A1%A8

Translation:
[財務]{ざいむ}[諸表]{しょひょう} is the document which is made based on double-entry bookkeeping because a company clarifies business showings of a fixed period of time or a financing state for interested party. Generally, it is often called 決算書{けっさんしょ}.  

The following infomation is from https://oshiete.goo.ne.jp/qa/2674653.html

[決算]{けっさん}[書類]{しょるい} is not a technical term but a popular name which refers to documents of settlement of accounts-related accounts and the tax practice generally, and the range of documents is not necessarily clear. Generally it includes following documents:

・貸借対照表
・損益計算書(製造原価明細書、販売費・一般管理費明細書)
・貸借対照表と損益計算書の勘定科目の内訳書
・利益処分案又は株主資本等変動計算書
・法人税確定申告書と付表
・法人住民税、法人事業税、事業所税、消費税の確定申告書と付表

"財務{ざいむ}諸表{しょひょう}(証券{しょうけん}取引法{とりひきほう}関係{かんけい})" includes:
・貸借対照表
・損益計算書
・株主資本等変動計算書
・キャッシュ・フロー計算書
・附属明細表       

|improve this answer|||||

① I believe you have the knowledge of accounting. If so, you can look up the Japanese words in Japanese-English dictionary. If you don't have the adequet knowledge, firstly you have to get it.

② I can't understand why you'd like to have one name of three documents.

Anyway "any financial statements" in Japanese is just "全ての財務諸表." If you'd like to indicate clearly three documents, say "​決算書、財務諸表、決算(付属)書類"

|improve this answer|||||
  • Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. I am just starting to learn about accounting, so I know still just a little about it. Otherwise, if dictionary had the answer, I would not ask this question. Also 決算書 is often indicated to have the same meaning as the 財務諸表, but I am trying to understand their differences, even they are quite similar. Actually my goal is not how to say "any financial documents" in Japanese, but how should I distinguish the three Japanese therms in case I would translate them in English. – Fara Mar 2 '17 at 22:06

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.