I was trying to translate these song lyrics:

いつか気づくかもしれないけど 間違いだらけの 僕だから

I was thinking that this meant either "Someday, you might notice me, who is prone to mistakes/whose life is full of mistakes." Or, possibly, "Someday, I might notice that my life is full of mistakes." I can't decide which pronoun fits better. But either way, I can't get the because (だから) to fit. "Someday, I/you might notice, because my life is full of mistakes" doesn't make sense to me, but I don't know any other meaning for だから.

Please help! Thank you.

Here, the function of だから is the same as you would expect.

So 「いつか気づくかもしれないけど」← The reason for this is 「僕」

That is why it is written as 「僕だから」

間違いだらけ here describes 僕.

[I?] might notice it someday, I who am full of mistakes...

--

P.S. It might be better to not ask the question in context of translation.

だから means because.
And it implies that the fact that "you are full of mistakes" is the cause of something.
Having more context/previous sentence/next sentence would be needed for an accurate understanding.

As it stands, all that can be understood is :
[you/I] might someday notice [...] but, because I am full of mistakes [...]

I believe the implicit/abbreviated conclusion could be "because I'm full of mistakes, I can't notice" – Nicolas Miari Feb 28 '17 at 3:15
  • Okay, so in short, "I/you might notice it someday, but because I am full of mistakes, [I/you can't]." Thank you for all your help! – Smoothie Feb 28 '17 at 20:56
  • @Smoothie Only I can be full of mistakes. Not "you". – stack reader Feb 28 '17 at 23:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.