I have two questions regarding this sentence:

今になってもまだ実現していないさま。

1. The meaning / grammar of ~も in 今になっても.
  2. The meaning / grammar of ~さま part at the end of the sentence. As I know ~さま is added to the names at the end when you addressing to someone in official language.

I found this sentence at goo here explaining the 未だ.

「今{いま}になってもまだ実現{じつげん}していないさま

First, this is not a sentence; It is only a noun phrase (a relative clause). Everything that is in front of 「さま」 modifies 「さま」. It is 「様」 in kanji.

1) The meaning / grammar of ~も in 今になっても.

Here, 「も」 means "even". 「今になっても」 means "even now", "even at this point", etc.

2) The meaning / grammar of ~さま part at the end of the sentence. As I know ~さま is added to the names at the end when you addressing to someone in official language.

This 「さま」 has nothing to do with the honorific 「様{さま}」 as in 「田中和夫{たなかかずお}」 and that should be clear from the context this time.

「さま」 here means the "state", "situation", etc. More specifically, it refers to "the way something/someone is or someone does something (and how it looks)".

Thus, the phrase means:

"the state/situation where something has not become a reality even now (as of now)"

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.