What is written here on page 4, after 「それと一緒に」? I searched in WWWJDIC and Google, but I can't understand the meaning of 「こつぐってなる」. For the 「語彙が…」 comment, I understand that this word sounds strange for the characters too. But strange is different from nonsense.

enter image description here

You misread one hiragana. It says

ぐってなる

(So, not つ but う.)

The comment 「語彙が…」 refers to the fact that the girl is using a lot of onomatopoeic expressions (instead of proper vocabulary) to describe the first bite of the cake.

Here こう (sibling of そう、ああ、どう) means "like this". ぐっなる can also be written ぐっなる and refers to some tight/cuddly/... feeling.

この白い
ふわっとしたやつが
口の中でふぁーって

それと一緒にこう
ぐってなるやつが
なんか混ざり合って
ぎゅーんって

This fluffy white thing is in the mouth like *phwaaah*
Blending together with this *uhnnn* and going *mmm*

Not an award winning translation, but I trust you get the point =)

• Jinx! :) Thanks for explaining the ぐって ← ぐっと shift. – Eiríkr Útlendi Feb 20 '17 at 19:50
  • @EiríkrÚtlendi Hehe, you beat me, though =) – Earthliŋ Feb 20 '17 at 19:52

You've misparsed the phrase. It's こう + ぐって + なる. The う in this font looks very close to the つ, but note the dash on top.

As for what the ぐって is supposed to mean, I'm not sure. I'm not aware of any verb ぐう or ぐる that would conjugate to ぐって. I suspect that this is one of the words that the other character is referring to with their comment, 「語彙が。。。」

UPDATE: See Earthliŋ's post re: the ぐって portion.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.