Many times I have interchanged the English phrase "in frames of" into Japanese "~の一環{いっかん}として" or "~の一環で". Although not so long ago I have noticed, that it is not as natural expression in Japanese... could you please tell some better way, in which I should express this English phrase? I will also write some examples:

入社手続き{にゅうしゃてつづき}の一環として

within/in the context of/ as a part of formalities related to entering the company

是正措置{ぜせいそち}の一環として :

within/in the context of/ as a part of corrective measures

日系企業{にっけいきぎょう}での実習{じっしゅう}の一環として

within/in the context of/ as a part of practice in Japanese company

Sorry for any confusion and thank you for your kind support.

I have no idea what in frames of means, so this question is difficult for me to understand.
    – user1478
    Feb 19, 2017 at 17:35
    "in frame of" probably means "in boundary of". Feb 19, 2017 at 17:49
    That doesn't mean anything to me either, so the only way I can assign any meaning to these phrases is by reading the Japanese . . .
    – user1478
    Feb 19, 2017 at 18:00
    @snailplane In the framework of the standard model of particle physics proton decay is forbidden. In the framework of European politics countries cannot make their own trade agreements. I think that's the sort of thing she means. Feb 19, 2017 at 18:02
    I'm with @snailplane here. Native speaker of AmE, living in Japan (where I encounter BrE from time to time). "In frames of" is definitely not a construction I would understand if used. I would assume it was a non-native user misspeaking for either "in terms of" or "in light of"
    – virmaior
    Feb 20, 2017 at 15:17

1 Answer 1

The three Japanese phrases you posted are perfectly natural on their own. They mean "as part of ~". It's a bit stiff expression, but can be used in casual conversations, too. 一環として is preferred over 一部として when it refers to a project, procedure, event, etc., that may take a long time. Lots of examples on ALC.

If you mean something different by "in frames of", please let me know.

• Dear @naruto , thank you so much for your kind reply. Yes, I have meant exactly this. Excuse me, the phrase "in frames of" is used so much in my area, so I even haven't noticed, that it is not a usual English. I change it. I see... thank you so much for understanding and for the explanation.
    – Fara
    Feb 20, 2017 at 14:08

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .