Many times I have interchanged the English phrase "in frames of" into Japanese "~の一環{いっかん}として" or "~の一環で". Although not so long ago I have noticed, that it is not as natural expression in Japanese... could you please tell some better way, in which I should express this English phrase? I will also write some examples:

入社手続き{にゅうしゃてつづき}の一環として

within/in the context of/ as a part of formalities related to entering the company

是正措置{ぜせいそち}の一環として :

within/in the context of/ as a part of corrective measures

日系企業{にっけいきぎょう}での実習{じっしゅう}の一環として

within/in the context of/ as a part of practice in Japanese company

Sorry for any confusion and thank you for your kind support.

I have no idea what in frames of means, so this question is difficult for me to understand. – snailcar Feb 19 '17 at 17:35
    "in frame of" probably means "in boundary of". – Only The Paranoid Survive Feb 19 '17 at 17:49
    That doesn't mean anything to me either, so the only way I can assign any meaning to these phrases is by reading the Japanese . . . – snailcar Feb 19 '17 at 18:00
    @snailplane In the framework of the standard model of particle physics proton decay is forbidden. In the framework of European politics countries cannot make their own trade agreements. I think that's the sort of thing she means. – user3856370 Feb 19 '17 at 18:02
    I'm with @snailplane here. Native speaker of AmE, living in Japan (where I encounter BrE from time to time). "In frames of" is definitely not a construction I would understand if used. I would assume it was a non-native user misspeaking for either "in terms of" or "in light of" – virmaior Feb 20 '17 at 15:17

The three Japanese phrases you posted are perfectly natural on their own. They mean "as part of ~". It's a bit stiff expression, but can be used in casual conversations, too. 一環として is preferred over 一部として when it refers to a project, procedure, event, etc., that may take a long time. Lots of examples on ALC.

If you mean something different by "in frames of", please let me know.

|improve this answer|||||
  • Dear @naruto , thank you so much for your kind reply. Yes, I have meant exactly this. Excuse me, the phrase "in frames of" is used so much in my area, so I even haven't noticed, that it is not a usual English. I change it. I see... thank you so much for understanding and for the explanation. – Fara Feb 20 '17 at 14:08

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.