another question has awaken in mine mind. My boss writes me, that he will arrive later to the place we are supposed to meet. I wish to answer him

"Please don't hurry and take your time. I will wait as much as it will be necessary". 

What would be the best way to express this English sentence in Japanese? I tried my luck and have said the next sentence:

急がないで時間をご十分にとってください。

And for the second sentence, I was not sure, so I decided to express it in a little bit another way:

○○さんのご都合がよい時間にいつでもお会いできます。

How would you express this English sentence in Japanese? And I also know, I have mistakes in my sentences, could you please point out, what is exactly wrong in them...?

I'd like to show you one of the typical expressions for the situation. This is not the direct translation of your English.

Please don't hurry and take your time.
"お急{いそ}ぎにならなくて結構{けっこう}です。ご自分{じぶん}のご都合{つごう}に合{あ}わせて来{き}てください。"
Please don't hurry. You can come at your convenience. (If you actually want to have your boss come on time or ASAP, you cannot use this expression.)

I will wait as much as it will be necessary.
"私は、約束{やくそく}の場所{ばしょ}でお待{ま}ち致{いた}します。"
I'll wait for you the place of appointment.

• "must X"の否定は"must not X"ではなく、"cannot X"になってしまう. – virmaior Feb 13 '17 at 0:15

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.