やっぱり is a colloquial/casual version of やはり.
やっぱり/やはり has several meanings/usages. For example...
"as expected; as (one) would expect"
- やはりそれは本当だった。It was true, just as I thought/expected/imagined.
- 「犯人は彼だった。」「やっぱりね。」"He was the criminal." "Just as I thought/suspected. ⇒ That's what I thought. / I knew it."
- やっぱり言ったとおりだろう。That's exactly what I said. / Didn't I tell you so?
- 「やっぱり（≂さすがは）イナバ、100人乗っても大丈夫。」 100 people can stand on Inaba's storage shed, just as one would expect.
"change one's mind / on second thought"
- コーヒーください。いや、やっぱり紅茶にします。I'll have a coffee... No, I changed my mind / on second thought, make it a tea.
"all the same; nonetheless; after all"
- 冬はやっぱりスキーに限る。 Winter is the best season for skiing, after all.
- 小さいけど、やっぱりこの町が好きです。This town is small, but I like it nonetheless / all the same.
- チョコレートはやっぱり明治。Meiji's chocolate is the best.
("as expected to be the same as before" ⇒) "still"
- 今もやはりXXにお勤めですか。Do you still work for XX company?
- 彼女は今もやっぱりきれいだ。She's as beautiful as ever.
- やっぱりわかりません。I still don't understand.
("as expected to be the same as something/someone else" ⇒) "too; likewise"
- やはりここも売り切れか。It's sold out here, too.
- 弟さんもやっぱりX大出身？ Did your brother graduate from X University, like you?