It's my first time asking a question in this website so I hope I'll be as clear as possible.

I'm new at learning Japanese and I'm reading a book containing the phrase 「コロリ、コロリと」. It is impossible for me to understand. I tried looking it up on google but I couldn't find any proper explanation about it.

Could someone please explain it to me? Here's the entire sentence

マエダさんは、コロリ、コロリというところで、うしろを向いてグルグルと首をまわしはじめます。

If you had provided more context or a description of the scene, you would have received an answer many hours ago. Careful answerers would hesitate to answer this question as is. – l'électeur Feb 4 '17 at 3:37
  • I see. Sorry for that, I'll be more careful from now on considering the fact that I'm no more than an amateur in Japanese. Thank you for your reply. – Yuya Feb 4 '17 at 19:33
  • @Yuya Could you at least provide a sentence or two right before this? – Chocolate Feb 12 '17 at 23:59

Native Japanese speaking. It sounds weird to me because we use コロリ in a situation like

「彼はころっと死んでしまった。」 ("He was killed easily.")

or something like that.

And we don't use this word too much. You don't have to care about this because this usage is incorrect.

• Hi, thank you for your reply! And sorry if I didn't answer earlier. If the sentence isn't correct, then I won't search much further its meaning. – Yuya Feb 28 '17 at 8:44
  • Okay. Yup, that's better:) – Marronnier Mar 1 '17 at 2:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.