I am a relative beginner to Japanese and I would like to know how to say 'OK' (roughly equivalent to the Mandarin 好的)?

Thanks!

• 大丈夫(だいじょうぶ) ですtranslates as "It is okay". I was able to translate each character individually on www.jisho.org with a general meaning of good, but could not find the characters combined in Japanese. – TutorJack-YouTube Jan 27 '17 at 19:45
    In what situation? (either for "OK" or "好的") – broken laptop Jan 28 '17 at 4:03
  • How would you say 'it is', or 'OK'? -> I always thought "(Yes,) it is" was more like 的 ((はい、)そうです), and 好的 was more like "good/okay" ((はい、)いいです(よ)) – Chocolate Jan 28 '17 at 6:17

Just say :"はい". Or "わかりました" roughly equals to 好的 in Mandarin when you want to say you get what the other person was saying.

• "It is." would be "そうですね" or "そうです" or "そう", when you agree with what the other person said. It's like saying "I know, right?" or 'Yeah." in English. – Davvvvad Jan 27 '17 at 21:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.