For writing a text book, I am looking for some ambiguous sentences with compound particles.

As an illustration, consider my attempt as follows. Recall that when の and に are combined, it results in a new particle のに, so there is a possibility to make ambiguous sentences with のに.

• の can be used to nominalize clauses. For example: お酒を飲まないの
  • Nに can also be needed for some expressions. For example: アニメに興味がある

Now I have to find sentences with pattern XのにY such that they can be read in two ways:

• Xのに、Y --> Even though X, Y
  • XのにY

タバコは吸わないのに興味がある。

It can be interpreted in 2 ways:

• タバコを吸わないのに、興味がある。Even though I don't smoke, I am interested in smoking.
  • タバコを吸わないのに興味がある。I am interested in not smoking. (the speaker must be a smoker.)

Questions

Could you give me other better examples?

closed as too broad by istrasci, macraf, Dono, virmaior, Blavius Jan 15 '17 at 23:01

Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

• The object for 興味がある is missing if you use を instead of は after タバコ in the sentence meaning "even though I don't smoke, I'm interested in". Usually, 吸わないけれど or 吸わなくても is used in this case, not のに. – user4092 Jan 13 '17 at 7:32

I came up with the following:

健気にも生きる人達。
健気に + も + 生きる / 健気 + にも + 生きる

それでは何も起こりません。
それでは / それ + で + は
(the former might seem uncommon but a GM of TRPG would say that)

それでも勝てる。
それ + で + も / それでも

Or I'm not sure whether this famous example is what you want though:

ここではきものを脱いでください。
ここ + で + はきもの / ここ + で + は + きもの

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.