Example I have the english text "enjoy music" which from google translate looks like this
音楽を楽しむ where music is 音楽 , so can I do this

を楽しむ -(enjoy)
音楽 -(music)

flush left

• What do you mean by "flush left"? I don't understand what you're asking. – istrasci Dec 17 '16 at 1:08
  • @istrasci, I could be wrong, but I interpreted that to mean text aligned on the left. – Eiríkr Útlendi Dec 17 '16 at 1:42

If your text will be laid out basically as shown in your post, you have the grammar backwards -- English and Japanese put things in almost exactly the opposite order, broadly speaking. So do this instead:

音楽を
楽しむ

This works better both grammatically and graphically: Japanese text design has a general bias towards things fitting neatly into boxes. :)

If you can do a vertical layout, do this:

楽音  
し楽  
むを  

Note that you shouldn't rotate the characters, and that the first character is at the top right. Vertical Japanese (and Chinese) is read top-to-bottom, then right-to-left. Imagine if you just took an English book and turned it 90° clockwise, but somehow each individual letter remained un-turned.

Meaning-wise, I'm not sure this says what you intend. The Japanese is just a generic statement, "[someone: I, you, they, she] enjoy(s) music". Is the English intended as a command or request? If so, you'll have to change the Japanese. One possibility:

音楽を
楽しんで

or:

楽音  
し楽  
んを  
で
  • Wow thanks! The intended meaning is "Come enjoy the music" ... I reduced it to "enjoy music " as I thought thats what a translation would reduce it self to in english. – Dallas Dec 16 '16 at 19:52
  • I can do the very first one or second both will work. thanks! – Dallas Dec 16 '16 at 23:54

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.