This question already has an answer here:

I wonder if there is any particular name for those repeating-word adverbs (such as すくすく or ころころ). It seems to me that there are quite a number of them and they seem somehow special.

marked as duplicate by Earthliŋ Dec 12 '16 at 9:58

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.