What other responses are there to positive statements that conveys meanings of 'excellent' and/or 'awesome' in one word. If there aren't any other one word responses, I can accept if they are slightly longer.

You might want to reconsider your assumptions about the word もちろん。 I does not mean awesome or excellent, not even remotely close. It means "of course; certainly; naturally". – stack reader Dec 2 '16 at 4:14
  • @stackreader Oh I see, didn't know that. My bad. Edited. – CipherBot Dec 2 '16 at 4:54

すばらしい - wonderful, fantastic (usually used to describe things that are of good quality, something that's well done, or something that leaves a good impression)

すごい - amazing, sick, cool, crazy (probably the closest to what you are looking for)

すげえ - awesome, sick, crazy, wow (pretty much すごい but a little more casual)

• やばい for a more "teenager" feel – cgo Dec 2 '16 at 5:46
  • やばい is super general actually and pretty much everyone uses it. people say it's a bit closer to あぶない but it can also mean awesome, sick, whoa, oh sh*t, wtf, etc – frei Dec 2 '16 at 5:49

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.