As in title, how can I write "tchi" in katakana as in the word "hotchikisu" (paper fastener)?

  • 1
    hotchikisu - ホッチキス use ッ . – tenten Dec 1 '16 at 12:25

You could write ホッチキス. Small ツ (ッ) is 促音.

Related: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokuon


It's "cchi".

And if you want to write just a small "tsu" (っ) type in "xtu".

  • Well, this is true on most (?all) input systems built in Japan, which do not accept Hepburn romanisation (for reasons which are not entirely clear, as there is no reason they shouldn't). But it's actually shorter to avoid non-Hepburn, and use kunrei, which is 'tti'. – Brian Chandler Dec 1 '16 at 15:27

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.